Sunday 12 March 2017

Dean C Moore

A new author to me and his book is fun, cheeky, dowright rude and very thought-provoking. 




My review -

It’s not often I finish a book and think, well, I’ve never read anything like that before. The futurists are FBI personnel who detect scientific and technological advances which will put the future of humanity in danger. They are in the top 1% of humanity, not in terms of income but of intelligence. Our little group of protagonists are trying to find who is behind an unkillable man, first brought to their notice through dead bodies which become reanimated.

The first part of the book is a real action-packed ride but the second part became, to my mind, more thoughtful. The vision opened out and the view it gave was unexpectedly broad. There’s a lot of humour and invention in this book but if you’re allergic to sex and violence in your reading matter, be warned and don’t upset yourself by reading it. I felt in some cases that the author was writing this with a big wink. There was a brilliant scene towards the end when four of the characters drove a psychiatrist to the end of her tether. However, this layer floated upon another which was deeper, more philosophical and, if you let yourself take it up, very thought-provoking. A most unusual book and challenging to some, but I enjoyed it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment