Sunday 27 August 2017

V K McGivney

This author shows a versatility of style. I first read and loved a science fiction book of hers. These are varied in genre but I enjoyed them all.


Ghosts, Resolution and Revenge

Amazon.com link

My review -

I first came across V K McGivney when I read a futuristic science fiction novel she’s written, but this collection of short stories proves she’s the master of more than a single genre. This is a very readable collection of tales, some of which, as the title and cover image suggest, have the creepy feel of a classic ghost story, but some are very much grounded in the present, and have in all cases, satisfying and sometimes surprising conclusions.


V K McGivney’s writing style, characterisation and plotting appeal to me a great deal and I heartily recommend this book to those who enjoy short fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment