Wednesday 7 October 2015

Heather Burnside

This is Book 2 in a trilogy and, though I enjoyed Book 1, this is even better.







My review -

I enjoyed Slur, the first book in this series, not least because it is set in the part of Manchester where I was born. The action in A Gangster’s Grip takes place four years later and the girls have matured considerably. Rita and her husband Yansis return from his native Greece for a protracted stay in Manchester for a reason we discover later. She finds things at home are not as cosy as she’d come to believe from letters and phone calls. Her sister Jenny is visibly pregnant to a dodgy and bullying partner. When Rita and her friend Julie try to help Jenny to get her life back, they find she isn’t the only person under this man’s influence.

The characters here are believable and I wanted things to work out well for Rita, Julie and their families. It’s easy for the reader to become involved in this story and there’s plenty of action and excitement. I was drawn into it and read it quickly and I eagerly await Part Three of the trilogy.

I received an advance copy for review.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for a great review Kath. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to find this site and such a super review for this new release, which I'm reading at the moment. I absolutely love the tagline - The next book you read could be the best book you've ever read - fabulous and completely sums up how I feel when I start a book...you just never know what you're about to find :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Georgia Rose. I always feel every book is an adventure!

    ReplyDelete