Sunday 15 July 2018

Jim Webster

Mr Webster is a spinner of yarns and I can soak these up like a sponge! Two novellas here, A Measured Response and A Licence to Print Money.


A Measured Response

Amazon.com link

My  review -


Benor the cartographer is offered a job away from home with unusually generous pay. It all has to be done on the quiet, too. Something’s up. Benor has a murder to solve. I thought he had, but there’s more to come. This story is a murder mystery and a comedy of manners, set in a world of fantasy. If you like a genre mashup, this is brilliant. The characters and their relationships and banter would make it worth reading even if it didn’t have a plot – but it does. Another winner for me.

And now to the second -




A Licence to Print Money

Amazon.com link

My review -



Someone has tried to cheat Benor and his young ‘apprentice’ Mutt. They set out, with a little help, to redress the balance. Another in this series of Port Naain novellas that had me smiling. They are not belly-laugh stories but full of wry, clever and thoughtful humour. Often, it’s the way he tells them. I’m always up for more of these stories.


No comments:

Post a Comment