Tuesday 10 September 2013

Lynda Wilcox

This is the third of the Verity Long novels - though I first met her in a novella.  I absolutely love this one!

Scouting for Murder

Amazon.com Scouting for Murder

My review - 

This is the third in the Verity Long series of crime stories, though I first met the character in the novella A Novel Way to Die. I knew I wanted to read more and have been working my way through them. I think this is my favourite. The hapless Verity is once again early on the murder scene and feels compelled to try to find out who the culprit was. She is not involved with the police (except for a given value of ‘involved’) and her on-off relationship with Inspector Jerry Farish makes me want to slap her into seeing how good he is. If she doesn’t want him, I’ll have him!

The story is a gentle murder mystery, you might say, and a great read. As suggested by the title, Verity is helping out at a Brownie Camp after having found one of the scout leaders shot in the throat with an arrow. Her involvement puts her own life in danger but it takes more than that to deter her. If you’ve read and enjoyed the others in the series, as I have, you really must read this. It’s excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment