Monday 23 October 2017

Sam Kates

I've always enjoyed Sam's writing and this is a delight! (In a nasty sort of way...)



Ghosts of Christmas Past and Other Dark Festive Tales

Amazon.com link

My review -

They called I’m Sorry I haven’t a Clue the antidote to panel games. This little collection is an astringent antidote to the sugar-rush we sometimes suffer after reading too many Christmas stories. It’s the season to want feel-good reads and I enjoy a few myself, but just occasionally we want something darker – to refresh the palate, you might say. That’s why ghost stories are popular around the Christmas fireside.


Sam Kates is a very good writer who creates scenes in a reader’s head. Some of these scenes are peculiarly unsettling. Add a bit of spice to your seasonal menu and give this little collection a try. I really enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment