Wednesday 21 August 2013

Vernon Baker

This is the second in Vernon Baker's Slow Boat to Purgatory series.  I enjoyed it just as much as the first.

The Arimathean

Amazon.com The Arimathean

My review - 

This is the second in the Slow Boat to Purgatory series by Vernon Baker. It’s filled with good and fallen angels, demons, Templars and holy relics. If you like that kind of thing, you’ll love it. I do and I love the style in which it’s written. We go back to a couple of times in history with Gaspar de Rouse who is charged with guarding the relics. He is a Templar knight who has been granted immortality. Our present day protagonist is Alex, a former SEAL who has come to know and trust Gaspar.

There’s heaps of action in this and although it’s a story which requires you to suspend your disbelief, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I know there’ll be another book in the series soon and I long to know what happens to Alex – and Gaspar.

No comments:

Post a Comment