Saturday 2 May 2015

John Marrs

This is the authors' second book and I've tagged is as thriller but it could be classed in several different  genres. It's complex and intriguing. And it all comes together!


Welcome to Wherever You Are

Amazon .com Welcome to Wherever You Are

My review -

I’ll start by saying I didn’t read this book so much as devour it. There are eight main characters and a number of incidental ones but it’s never confusing and I was very soon drawn into their lives. The only thing they seem to have in common is that, as backpackers and travellers, they have all ended up at the same hostel for a time. The narrative occasionally goes back a year or two to search out each person’s back-story and slowly, as we read on, their reasons for being there unfold.


I enjoyed the way the author made me change my views about some of the characters as I came to know more about them. I had got well into the story and wanted to know what would happen to them all but I couldn’t have imagined the actual outcome. I found myself almost rushing to the end to see how they all fared. It’s a book I’d be hard pressed to classify but I thought it was simply sensational and I thoroughly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment