Friday 7 September 2012

James Everington


The Other Room

Amazon.com  The Other Room

My review -

This book of short stories is a real find. I am not usually a short story fan but I read James' novella The Shelter and was rather impressed. This book contains a number of stories which, although not the classic type of ghost story, have really stuck in my mind. Among my favourites are The Watchers, A Writer's Words, First Time Buyers, The Red Route, When the Walls Bend and of course, The Other Room. That's actually most of them; certainly the longer ones.
The author has a huge imagination and I find his straight-forward style belies his creative touch. There's more going on here than you immediately notice. These stories will stay with you and make you think. James Everington has a real talent and I look forward to reading more of his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment