Friday 7 September 2012

Karl Jones

This was Karl Jones' first full length book and I found it a gripping thriller.

Shattered

Amazon.com Shattered

My review -

This novel is so intelligently written that it's hard to believe it's the author's first. It's a murder mystery and the finger could point at just about anyone. I found it very hard to decide who had done it, even when almost at the end of the book. The pace was fast and as the book progressed, the excitement mounted. I found I wanted to read faster and faster! There are graphic murder scenes but I never felt the descriptions were gratuitous, they were necessary to inform the reader of the true nature of the murderer (whoever the hell he was!)
The writing style was clear and easy to read and accessible without being in any way simple. I really enjoyed the book and I sincerely hope there is more to come from this author. He has a considerable talent. Thank you Mr Jones.

No comments:

Post a Comment