Wednesday 25 February 2015

Rachel Abbott

Rachel's new book is a psychological thriller which I enjoyed a great deal.  





Stranger Child

Amazon.com Stranger Child

My review - 

Abduction must be a parent’s worst nightmare. David doesn’t only lose his wife in an accident but his six year-old daughter disappears. He remarries and has a son with his second wife. Then, unbelievably, his daughter reappears, now aged thirteen. In this gripping and disturbing thriller we find out gradually what has happened to young Natasha over the intervening years. DCI Tom Douglas becomes involved when David’s second child is kidnapped and we watch as his mother, Emma, struggles with the decision to involve the police. We find out more about Tom’s late brother Jack and his relationships in this story, too.


Rachel Abbott’s plots are always complex but believable psychological thrillers and this is no exception. I found myself asking what I would do in this case and I honestly don’t know. A very gripping thriller indeed. I received an advance copy of this book from the author, in exchange for a review.

1 comment:

  1. Christine Terrell25 February 2015 at 15:54

    Kath, nice review. I will mark this one.

    ReplyDelete