Saturday 12 March 2016

Alison Baillie

A new author to me, and I really enjoyed Alison Baillie's style. 



Sewing the Shadows Together

Amazon.com

My review -

Tom McIver’s family moved to South Africa after his thirteen year-old sister was murdered. He’s back in Scotland to scatter his mother’s ashes when he finds that new DNA evidence exonerates the supposed killer who is released after serving thirty-five years in prison. This means that the case is re-opened. He meets up again with Sarah, his sister’s best friend, now married to Rory, his own best mate from school. Relationships are closely examined and it all becomes complicated.


I really enjoyed this story. The characters were well drawn, including a monstrously self-obsessed mother, a wife and mum who puts everyone before herself, a number of unpleasantly obsessive and strict fathers and, I was pleased to see, some very balanced children who boosted my faith in humanity. The story weaves in and out of the characters’ lives and the suspicions and doubts of Tom and Sarah concerning the murder. It was a gripping and satisfying read which I thoroughly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment