Saturday 6 December 2014

Martin Roy Smith

This author is new to me but I read this novella in a couple of evenings and really enjoyed it.



Amazon .com Eden

My review -

Adam is an archaeologist serving as a captain in the American army in Iraq. A dust storm has cleared some previously unknown ruins in the desert and he and a few colleagues are sent to investigate it. The information he finds changes his view of the origins of the human species.

This story takes a path perhaps familiar to some readers of this genre. Did we evolve as other creatures did or were we 'helped' in any way? I loved the way that various creation myths were invoked, some of which I was familiar with already. Towards the end the story took a turn which I hadn't expected. This isn't a long read but it's fluent and persuasive. I enjoyed it very much.


No comments:

Post a Comment