Thursday 2 June 2016

Robert Bryndza

This is the second in the Erika Foster series and though I enjoyed the first, I think this was even better!





My review - 

This is Robert Bryndza’s second crime/thriller book and I really think he is growing into the genre. DCI Erika Foster is looking at the murder of a GP which appears to be an auto-erotic asphyxiation experiment gone wrong. He has a plastic bag over his head and a quantity of rohypnol in his blood. He’s tied up, though. So someone else did it. Erika’s superiors want to assign the case to a group dealing with homophobic killings but she’s convinced there’s more to it. Another body turns up and the case stays with her. Her friends become involved in this killer’s spree and it starts to feel personal. Especially when the killer contacts her.

The tension in this book ramps up gradually and eventually it’s a heart-pounding story. I thought Mr Bryndza’s first detective story was good but this, I think, is better. I believe he gets to grips with the characters and their interaction very credibly and I enjoyed seeing into the hermit-like Erika’s personal life, particularly her sister and family. It’s not a one-dimensional book and the supporting cast make for a deeper story, too. This is one exciting, heart-racing read and I look forward to more like this.



Thanks to the publisher and to Netgalley for the opportunity to review this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment