Wednesday 20 June 2018

M R Carey

From the author of the fantastic The Girl with all the Gifts. Follow-ups are hard to do. I think this one nailed it.



The Boy on the Bridge

Amazon.com link

My review -


I adored The Girl with all the Gifts so I had great hopes for this book – but how do you follow a book like TGWATG? Its greatest strength, for me, was that the true situation dawned slowly. In this book, we know the situation. There’s no gradual, awful realisation. That said, as the book progressed I found it simply gripping. So many possibilities to be resolved and not all in a happy-ever-after manner. But this is dystopia. This is brilliant dystopia. If you want to be made to think rather than simply grossed-out at every turn, this is the book for you. Another winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment