Friday 22 June 2018

Tracy Chevalier

I've loved every book of hers that I've read. Just so interesting and a touch of history too. Oh, and quilts!


The Last Runaway

My review - 


I haven’t read a Tracy Chevalier that I’ve not enjoyed a great deal. Her style of writing appeals to me, together with the historical subjects she chooses. Here we have a young Quaker woman who moves to Ohio from Brixham in Devon, and before the journey is over, she loses to a fever the sister she travelled with. The theme of the book is that it’s not easy to follow your convictions. I enjoyed the story very much, loved the characters and the fact that quilts featured occasionally. It was a fast and gripping read. Be aware that it finishes at 93% for an excerpt. Not something I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment